We Hire on Attitude
The Maplewood has a tremendous staff, and we make sure to keep it that way by hiring only the best people with the right attitude. For us, the right applicants are people who have a passion for what they do and the skill set to do it right. In fact, many of our applicants are referred to us by current staff. And because we have such a great reputation in the community we seldom have to recruit.
CNA Training Class:
Next class scheduled to start April 11, 2016
To apply please click the "Apply Online" button at the bottom of this page
Full Time Porter/Server/Bartender:
This is a combination position. You will be scheduled to work as follows:
As Porter: 2 days per week 11am - 7pm
As Bartender (must be at least 18 years old): 1 day per week 11am - 7pm
As Server: 2 days per week 7am to 2pm
LPN Part Time:
Every other Saturday/Sunday
LPN Part Time:
5pm – 9pm
2 – 3 shifts per week
Every other weekend
RN Nurse Manager:
32 hours per week
4 days per week: 6:30am to 3pm
Includes every other weekend and some holidays
As the RN Nurse Manager you will be responsible for the overall management of Nursing Unit. A summary of responsibilities includes the following:
- Plans effective administration of assigned unit. Analyzes and evaluates nursing service needs in cooperation with the Nursing Directors. Interprets principles of good management to nursing personnel and implements application of these principles in daily work.
- Evaluates and assesses medical, social, psychological and spiritual needs of individual residents and develops nursing care plans combining medical care, restorative and rehabilitative care and instructions in self-help. Consults with resident's physician in planning and reviewing resident care plans and notifies physician when change in condition occurs.
- Maintains current and pertinent patient records, e.g. written and computerized, including sections of the MDS, care plans, monthly summaries, weights, blood pressures and laboratory work as facility policy dictates.
- Gives thorough reports to following shift.
- Arranges for transfer of residents to other facilities, appointments, and completes required forms.
- Notifies family or relatives when resident has had change from baseline or becomes critically ill, and in case of death and may call funeral home of family's choice.
- Establishes a discharge plan with other disciplines. Such plans are reviewed with other disciplines at regularly scheduled interdisciplinary conferences.
- Supervises staff including orientation, instruction, and assigning duties of nursing personnel.
- Reviews and interprets work performance against accepted standards (Performance Appraisals).
- Additional responsibilities as required for this position.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current RN registration in New York State.
- At least two years of experience in a hospital or extended care facility including geriatric nursing.
- Good mental and physical health, high moral standards, sound judgment and a sincere desire to work with the aged and those with limited capacity for self-care. Patience and compassion are essential.
- Requires that a current CPR certification be maintained.
- Requires a current Infection Control certification be maintained.
- Ability to manage and supervise a nursing unit. Interest and ability in teaching others and assisting with their skill development.
- Capacity to grasp new theories and principles and put them into effect.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Attendance at workshops and institutes in this field.