We Hire on Attitude
The Maplewood has a tremendous staff, and we make sure to keep it that way by hiring only the best people with the right attitude. For us, the right applicants are people who have a passion for what they do and the skill set to do it right. In fact, many of our applicants are referred to us by current staff. And because we have such a great reputation in the community we seldom have to recruit.
To apply for a position, click the APPLY ONLINE button below.
- High school diploma required, College Degree Preferred; years of experience will be taken into consideration
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience working with Volunteers in a leadership capacity
- Minimum 3-5 years overall professional experience
- Experience in recruiting, interviewing, and managing large numbers of volunteers with a goal of retention
- Supervisory experience is needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Google Docs
- Must have experience summarizing and formatting data with the ability to run, read, and comprehend reports using Salesforce or be willing and eager to learn
- Experience with monitoring and measuring performance in a supervisory role
- Experience with working with the elderly preferred
- Able to carry out a wide range of social events for the elderly
- Time Management and flexibility are essential
- Keeps up to date with current volunteer trends through participating in educational opportunities; attending workshops and webinars, maintaining business networks and keeping in contact with local organizations
- Ability to create training material and instruct educational in services in order to educate volunteers on a regular basis
- Some local travel necessary in order to gain community relationships and aid in recruitment
- Acts as liaison between volunteers, residents, and staff with regards to daily volunteer activities
- Experience with scheduling volunteers/staff
- Keeps current on local volunteer fairs and opportunities for community outreach
Is a team player and works collaboratively to improve all aspects of recreation and volunteer participation
Active NYS CNA certification required
Our next CNA Training Class begins on July 17th. To be considered for our CNA Training Program, please submit a job application (click below to apply online or download an application). We will contact qualified candidates for interviews. Those accepted into the program will complete a 6-week training course and will receive pay during that time. Upon completion of the Training Program and passing the exam, a CNA position will be provided at The Maplewood.
NOTE: Due to large volume of applicants, please do not call for status of your application. Applicants being considered will receive a call from us for the next steps in the hiring process.